Michelle Chan aka Little.Rice (#littledotrice)
Black & White Visual Storyteller. INFJ Visioner. Based in Hong Kong.
Wan Chee (Michelle) Chan has a love of black and white. To her, this somehow demolishes the presence of reality and takes her to her dreams and imaginations which can be found in her work. She combines poems, visuals and sounds to create imagery that tell her stories. Each piece is her language to communicate about her emotions, ideas and beliefs.
Her work has been exhibited in some of the major places in Hong Kong including Hong Kong Arts Centre and Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre. Some has also been published and featured in PhotoVogue Italia, National Geographic, Wild Dog in Paris etc. She was named top 20 female street photographers to follow and her work is getting more internationally recognised including exhibitions in Toronto, Dublin, Taipei, Berlin and Budapest etc. This year, she had her very first solo exhibition in Kubrick Hong Kong for her series "A Tale of City Hong Kong".
- 2017, Honorable Mention, 'Documentary & Street' Category, BW Child Photo Competition
- 2016, Finalist, 'People' Competition - Independent Photographer
- 2016, Finalist, 'Building Giant' Competition - Toronto Urban Photography Festival
- 2017, group exhibition, 'The Independent Photographer Annual Exhibition', Eigenheim Gallery Berlin
- 2017, group exhibition, 'Footprint and Check-In' Haiton Art Center Taipei
- 2017, solo exhibition, 'A Tale of City Hong Kong' Kubrick Hong Kong
- 2016, group exhibition, 'Obscure Street' In-Spire Galerie Dublin
- 2016, group exhibition, 'Building Giants' Toronto Urban Photography Festival Toronto
- 2016, Affordable Art Fair Hong Kong
- 2015, group exhibition, 'Following Trams (04:06 – 01:07) and two depots' Flanhardt Galerie und Atelier Hong Kong
- 2015, group exhibition, 'Be Bold' Hong Kong Arts Centre Hong Kong
- 2015, group exhibition, 'Markets Around the World' Landmark Atrium Hong Kong
- 2015, group exhibition, 'Dialogues with Black and White' Landmark Atrium Hong Kong
- 2015, Affordable Art Fair Hong Kong
- 2014, group exhibition, 'The Beauty in Objects and Patterns' Landmark Atrium Hong Kong